We maintain the most wide-ranging and reliable data on retail electricity prices around the world, tracking a wide selection of countries on a quarterly basis.
In-depth country information
We collect data from the current price offers of electricity companies and produce a national average based on answers to the following questions:
- Are prices set by a regulator or the market?
- What companies handle the distribution of energy and what companies sell electricity?
- What are their market shares?
- What are the electricity consumption levels for the country and by region?
- Are prices determined on a regional basis or nationwide?
- What are the types of contracts available: fixed, variable, spot?
- What are the current price packages?
Answering these questions allows us to custom-tailor our methods for each country.